Monday, October 09, 2006

Autumn


My son and I took a road trip when he was here earlier this month. This is the Stillwater River at Woodbine Campground.

This is my son and best friend in the universe!

The fall colors were beautiful.

My son never could pass a rock without wanting to climb it.

The trees were all really heavy with pine cones. My son calls this picture "The Over-achiever".

I like the fall colors in this one, though my hand wasn't very steady while I was taking it.

I've got a "thing" for dead trees lately.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Great pictures -- so pretty. I, too, enjoy dead trees....but more than that -- I love the LOVE a mother has for her son....and triple LOVE a son that enjoys being with his mom.

props, my dear....props

dmmgmfm said...

Thanks Kristen. I appreciate the feedback. I'm glad to know I'm not the only dead tree lover in the world. As for my son, he is the best, the absolutle best, in my opinion. We have so much fun together...I'm a very lucky mom.

Unknown said...

Great pictures mom, I still cant believe how great of a photographer your becoming so quickly. I'm going to have to start picking which of those ones to use for online account pictures!

dmmgmfm said...

Thanks so much son! That is so sweet of you to say. My only response is that I had a good subject (you).

KarbonKountyMoos said...

Oh no - I have a hard time passing rocks without picking them up & taking them with me. . . Size is prohibitive. My husband always knew when I had been hunting.

Wonderful photos, my dearie!

dmmgmfm said...

Thanks Karen! I am so enjoying the fall colors and it was so much fun having my son here. We had a blast!

As for the rock thing...I do that too. My dad does it also, only his rocks are usually geologically significant, while mine on the other hand, are just "pretty".