Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Waterloo

Once again, my work has taken me away from home. I left home yesterday at 7 am, picked up an associate in Winnett and drove pretty straight through to a symposium in Whitefish. The roads were clear and the weather was decent so it made for a nice road trip. We were very close to the eastern border of Glacier Park when we nearly met our waterloo. A fully loaded semi-truck was headed straight for us on a two lane road. I had already picked my ditch when the driver either woke up or got his head out of his ass. He managed to get his machine into the proper lane at the very last moment. To say we were relieved would be a gross understatement. In fact, our very next stop was a road side rest area--speaking of gross...



The outhouse of doom--pee-eeeew

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys were ok, but Grose! Hate those old porta johns, im sure they cant be good for the enviroment if they stink so bad they peel the paint!

dmmgmfm said...

Oh man, this one was a dandy. I had to stand on one foot in order to avoid the mess on the floor. It was also a "bring your own toilet paper" event...good thing I had a box of kleenex in the car. I left it there for the next unlucky traveler. Oh well, we were just happy that there was a place to stop, and the setting was spectacular.

NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

i have been to glacier park a few times its my favorite