Friday, May 15, 2009

National Nursing Home Week



Even with daddy gone, the nursing home continues to be a big part of our lives. My brother and I take turns going to see the gang and usually make it over there at least six times a week. I go in for lunch or after work and he goes in on the weekends. It is so much fun to see everyone and they really seem to enjoy our being there.


This week, in case you didn't know, is National Nursing Home Week! In honor of that, the staff at the home held various events during the week, including Green Day, Home Town Colors Day and May Flowers Day!


As you may have guessed, I was invited to participate as well.


I don't have a picture of my personal celebration of Green Day, but rest assured that I was resplendent (or ridiculous...you know, one of those words that starts with R) in my green hoodie and blue jeans!


Since my home town colors are orange and black, and orange makes me look....well....orange, I had to go to the store and purchase something to wear. I am pawsative that I looked stunning (or stunned, more likely), what do you think? Orange you glad I didn't show you more of this picture?




May Flowers Day provided yet another problem. I don't own a single item of clothing that has flowers on it, so I had to get very creative, which is quite a stretch for me.


I'm not really sure who had more fun at these events, the residents or the staff. There was so much giggling and laughing and carrying on that by the time I had to go back to work each day, my face was sore from smiling.

My hips were sore as well, because my little sweet Marilyn thought I should do the Hula on May Flowers Day, which was fine, but I was trying to do it from a rolling chair and it kind of got away from me.

As I've said many a time before...it's all fun and games until someone breaks a hip!

6 comments:

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

don't you dare break a hip! you are too important to these wonderful people. what an angel you are. i know you are being blessed and your daddy is so happy you continue to visit his old friends.

Birdie said...

You are an angel to share your love with those residents, and they know it. But it seems to be a two-way street. Love multiplies when it's shared, sorrow divides. We need each other for both.

Ur-spo said...

hohoho
with that shirt you could become a 'Bear"; you would be the hit of the show. (not that you are not that all ready).

thailandchani said...

The flowers in the hair are a great touch! :)



~*

Unknown said...

Wonderful and Happy that is how I see your photo. You are sweet.

Mary said...

Lovin' you for this. Who enjoyed it more? The residents. Don't let them fool you. My Dad, in a nursing home, sleeps through the best entertainment. He'll tell you what you missed if you weren't there.

Thanks, Laurie.