Friday, September 29, 2006

Dial-up, Harumph!

I have all kinds of new pictures I would love to post, but alas, the dial-up connection here in Absarokee is prohibitive. You will just have to wait for a few days to see the cute cat, family fun and Derby Fire pictures.
In other news, we found out this week that my favorite male cousin has acute leukemia. There is absolutely nothing "cute" about it. He is in the hospital having chemo right now. The docs told him that if he chose not to take the treatments, he would be gone in 2 weeks. It doesn't sound very good for him, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We are going to spend some time with him in the hospital tomorrow.
Now on to better news; it is my dad's 83rd birthday! I am making a turkey and all of the trimmings because that is his favorite meal. My son came from Colorado to spend 5 days with him and we are all enjoying the visit very much. Tomorrow, after we visit Dale in the hospital, we will go to Forsyth for 2 days. We will take the new car for a cruise and dote on cats! I will post numerous pictures, i promise.
See you then.

2 comments:

KarbonKountyMoos said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin.

A happy birthday/Thanksgiving to your Dad.

dmmgmfm said...

Thanks Karen. We visited my cousin in the hospital Saturday and Sunday. He is in good spirits and his blood count is going the way they want it to. We are keeping our fingers crossed.