Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Yea or nay...

Someone stop me before I do something I swore I'd never do...

Let me give you some background info...

I had a fantastic time in Denver with cousin Sadie and my son Wolf. We spent most of one day in Boulder at the Pearl Street mall. We went into an amazing toy store...


We spent over an hour in there, playing with everything that moved...










and gawking like the tourists we were at everything else.




We finally left the store (and no they didn't ask us to go) and Sadie bought us all ice cream (I was too busy eating to take pictures) and we continued walking...

We came upon a hat kiosk and the kids tried some on. I took a few pictures and then got into the act myself...



By the end of it all, we had tried on nearly everything in the kiosk, including a pope's hat, a hat with buffalo horns, a chicken cap, a gigantic pink flamingo hat, beanies, scarves and even an alligator hat. We talked in funny accents and clowned around like a bunch of nut cases. I haven't had that much fun since I was a kid.

Afterward we went into a shop that specialized in henna tattoos. We thought it would be funny for me to get one and then send a photo of it back to my co-workers in Forsyth, so I paid a paltry sum of money and got my tat.

The photo I took shows it with most of the liquid henna still on and isn't a true representation of how cool it looked after the chunky stuff fell off. For some reason I didn't take a photo of the finished product the next day, but I really liked the way it looked and so did the kids.

I suppose you know where this is going now...

The "tat" is fading and I find that I miss it. I am actually considering getting a permanent one just like it...but would like you, my faithful readers (both of you) to tell me what you think.


What say you...yea or nay?

9 comments:

NatureWoman said...

If you like it, go for it! I personally wouldn't want to go through the pain of getting one!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I'm with Pam- if you want it, DO IT!

That said, I've heard ankles are one of the more painful spots to get a tat.

Unknown said...

Hey mom, Loved the picks, It was so fun having you guys here.
I know how long you have taliked about/wanted a tattoo and you really should go for it if you still want one after all this time. And if you want to do it next time you come down I know some great artists down here my friends who have gotten tattoo love :)

Love you

LittlePea said...

Sounds like you guys had such a good time.
I like the henna tattoos, I say get one just like it. It's very feminine.

Ur-spo said...

i'll be the spoil sport..

No! Don't do it!

People considering tattoos should always think "what will this look like on me when I am 60?"

if you think 'not bad' than do it. if you think 'oh oh' then nosir.

Pendullum said...

Cute....
But I like the idea of the henna tattoo... as you can change it to fit your moods....
Too many of my friends have the tattoo regret....
So henna away....

WithinWithout said...

What a boring place for a tat...but then, lower legs or ankles don't sag like other things do...

Nicole Divine McClain said...

I say go for it Laurie! When I got my fish tattoo on my ankle it bled like an SOB. And hurt...! WOW! But after the first few minutes the adrenaline kicked in and it was AWESOME! I still like it today, NO REGRETS! I will do it again, just need to find the right design and best location! xo, Nicole ~.~

Unknown said...

You might start with something smaller and see how you like it. That one is beautiful but it would require lot of small needle work and your ankle/lower leg is a pretty sensitive place.

I got my tat when I was 44. My only regret is that I put it in a place where I don't see it.