Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am very thankful

I have been a blog slacker lately, but for good reason. Dad has been in the hospital with aspiration pneumonia, which is fairly common in patients with Parkinson's disease. It was touch and go for awhile, but he is doing much better now and will most likely be returning to the nursing home tomorrow.


The staff at the hospital has been wonderful to him and are going to miss him, but the folks at the nursing home are excited that he is returning.


In other news, Wolf DID make a it home for Thanksgiving and a wonderful time was had by all. We had a huge family gathering in Billings and then went to see dad. He ate a monstrous meal of pureed turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

I forgot my camera, but Wolf took quite a few with his cell phone and will send them to me when he gets back to Denver. He is on the way as I write this post. The roads are nasty, so please say a little prayer for his safety if you would.

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving, and I will try to post more frequently in the future.

13 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

Laurie, I am so glad to hear your dad is improving. That's great news!

Sending good vibes to Wolf as he makes the drive back to Denver. I know all about winter driving in ugly conditions.... for some reason.

NatureWoman said...

OMG Laurie, I'm glad he's returning to the nursing home tomorrow. Wolf will make it back okay. {{{HUGS!!}}}

Merrily Down the Stream said...

What a blessing - so happy for you and yours.

dmmgmfm said...

Thanks for your good wishes Ponita and Nature Woman.

Wolf made it home safely. I'm so glad he has his Honda Element and gnarly good tires!

Hugs,
Laurie

Ur-spo said...

I too am glad to see you posting - and to hear your father is on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie. You and your family have all my prayers and warm wishes. I'm so glad to know that your dad is feeling better.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is nice your Dad has improved and is able to return to the nursing home. What a good daughter you are.

Squirl said...

Sounds wonderful! HUGS!

Pink said...

Glad to hear Wolf made it home safely. How's dad these days?
xx
pinks

LittlePea said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! We miss your pictures :O)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Steal every moment and be thankful.
I hope that you're enjoying all of the positive changes...
sounds like a portal is being opened for you.
Are you ready?

WithinWithout said...

This is a beautiful turn of events, given all that you've gone through in the past year or more.

Smiles and hugs, L.