Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Most Amazing Blessing in Life; Happy Birthday Son


Thirty years ago today I received the most amazing blessing in life; my son Wolf was born.  He was and still is the light of my life.  He is my very best friend in the universe and I can't imagine life without him.  He still tells me he loves me in front of ALL of his friends and actually enjoys going places with me.  He is giving, loving, kind and protective of all of the people in his life.  I am the luckiest mom in the world!


He lives in Denver, which is a good day's drive from me, but we still spend quite a bit of time together.  Last month, his dad was working road construction and was his by a pickup.  As a result, he lost his leg above the knee.  Wolf, who hadn't seen his dad in a long time, rushed to his side and offered him great comfort.  Since I am my own boss, I was able to join them.  We spent 4 days with his dad and half sister, Abby.  Since there were many valid reasons why Wolf had chosen not to see his dad, I was extremely proud of him for making the decision to go to him.  During their visit, his dad apologized for his behavior many years ago, and now they once again have a relationship and I am very thankful for that.


The month before that I was able to spend 5 days with him in Denver.  Two of our kid cousins went with me and SO MUCH FUN WAS HAD!  We shopped, enjoyed a few very nice meals out, I cooked a bunch, and we barbecued and had Wolf's amazing friends over.  Wolf, the kids and I went to the IMAX and watched "Rock of Ages" and had an incredible time!  I laughed so hard I snorted a dozen times or more and the kids had an absolute blast.



I often wonder where I would be today if I hadn't had my son.  I had been told I wouldn't be able to have a child, so when he came he was an even more incredible blessing.  I'd like to think I would still be OK, but I am not all that sure of that.  He is the best of me.  He brings out the best in me.  He is the love and light of my life and I would like to wish him a very happy 30th birthday and thank him for all of the love he has brought into my life.  I love you son.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Wolf. He is your gift to the world and to you. He has learned and he has taught to the people in his and your life. You both are blessed

Ur-spo said...

May this next year be his best one yet.

2 in 1 wedding dresses said...

Your son is so cute and lovable!